Skip to main content

i took a little time and then i found it in a drawer

Every time I open google on my phone it knows what piques my interest. "Ancient Golden Bidet Dated From Neanderthal Times!" "Scientists Discover Alien Space Eggs That Are Not From This Timeline!" I'm sure all these stories will add up to something big eventually, but for the time being, I see many of those headlines and think, "Ok, so, see, it really is all a lie. Every bit of it." And then I move on, because I can dwell on those alien space eggs for a little too long. I do want to know the answers to so many things, but on the flip side, I have learned so much about things that I had never given a single thought to before.

Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me think of an example right now.

Peppy and I met up with his cousin and her new boyfriend Sunday night to see Band of Horses. This is the only picture from the show, not even featuring Theresa's new dude. The only time I got out my phone was to text Owsley when the show was over, which was surprisingly early at 9:45. But this place is right outside of an established neighborhood, so noise ordinances and all that. 

We had a really good time. I didn't really talk to new boyfriend much, but not because there was anything weird. He is just a quieter person, and often times there is a mutual understanding between quiet people. One time Theresa leaned over and asked "Are you having a good time?" She had clearly been having a great time for an hour before we even got there. I often have to remind some people that as long as you see my head moving, or any body movement at all from me, I'm having a good time. Again, mutual understanding with her new boyfriend. Some of us just don't have it in us to be all free spirits in a crowd of sweaty drunks. I have never been a huge public dancer at all. I think that can be blamed on church shame and so now I just don't feel comfortable letting loose like that in public. In private? Well that is another story. I love to dance. Sometimes to music, sometimes to just what I create in my mind. You know that I am in my best mood if you catch me dancing in the kitchen. 

I'm actually a people watcher as much as a audience participant at concerts. I'm not like spying on anyone with binoculars or anything, but I do watch the people in my periphery. I am concerned a child might have been conceived by the couple in front of me. I hope the child will be named Detlef Schremphf. It was actually nice in a way, because I had so much free space around me. No one wanted to come in closer than necessary to the "we are the main characters" couple and inadvertently end up in a threesome. I watched them knock into four or five other people and then keep on doing whatever Skinamax MA-14 show they had going on. I also enjoyed the 75+ year old women record both "The Great Salt Lake" and "The Funeral," while just standing absolutely still for everything else, so I was making up fantasies in my mind of her connection with those songs. 

They didn't play "In Need of Repair" which was kind of sad because I could have sworn that I saw that title on an internet flyer. But maybe I made it up in my head. When your whole life has a dreamy haze over it it can get confusing as to what actually happened versus what I dreamed. But I just looked it up, and nope, the flyer for this entire BoH tour says in Need of Repair. So, who knows.

Comments