Skip to main content

Happy thanks-killing

Everyone else is still sleeping here. I am thankful I still get my early morning hours no matter wherever we go. 

We were supposed to head out around 3 pm yesterday, but Peppy had been training a new person all day, and then he had last minute alcohol orders to put in. Holy-day spirits, y'all. People need them to deal with their families. Peppy doesn't always read my blog, in fact I don't know how much he reads it with regularity. I was telling him about my loosh post and he said one of the products they sell is actually called "Looshifer." So you know, do with that what you will. This is also interesting when you know the history of the god of wine and revelry. 

I think this is why Christ's first recorded miracle was turning water into wine. Take that, Dionysus/Bacchus. Christ came to destroy all little gods. Because he is God.

Anyway, between traffic and a couple pit stops for gas and food, we finally made it to my in-laws about 12:45. And then I woke up at 4:30 this morning, per usual. But I did sleep for probably 4 hours during the drive. 

I was reading in Daniel this morning and I find myself crying when all these writers are lamenting Israel and how they were constantly witnessing the power of God and yet still turning back to the world. People are still the same. Most of us feel a deep burning inside for some sort of spirituality. Most of the time we try to fill this hole with anything other than Christ. People just want to look within themselves and be their own God, instead of admitting that our control is just an illusion and handing it all over to God.

Every year before we eat Thanks-Killing dinner, we each mention something we are thankful for. I am thankful to have a direct relationship with the Creator of the universe and his son who walked the earth, as well as an indwelling of his Spirit. 

Dear patriot, remember who was here first when you praise your country for its greatness.

Between Monday and Wednesday we gave out 205 turkeys and food sets. Man, do I love when my food bank team all comes together and we truly work as one body. We had people doing jobs they don't normally do, almost everyone was helping out in every capacity they could. 

I hope everyone is safe and no matter what they are doing today, they are walking in the Spirit. And even if we are in situations we would rather not be in, I hope those around us are still able to acknowledge the light in them and give glory to the Father. Every day is his day. Today is nothing special. Just a day at the beach with Peppy's family and some turkey and pretending to be a normie. Pretty much a typical day for me. 

Comments