Skip to main content

stream of consciousness

Since Peppy has worked from home he will receive these 'taste of' boxes from the offices in Wisconsin and Chicago that he works for. It is always a treat because the Wisconsin box is usually meats and cheeses with some crackers and random chocolate covered items. This is fun because who doesn't enjoy a charcuterie board? Peppy's mom and stepdad always used to send us meat and cheese at Christmas and I don't know, it's just always fun to play games or watch movies with good snacks. And then from Chicago we always get a huge dry ice box of deep dish pizzas and Italian beef sandwiches. The Chicago box always comes with a pamphlet to reorder, and wow, this is a luxury because it is waaaay out of our budget. Plus, those Portillo's Italian beef sandwiches are *chef's kiss.* We always save these meals for a rainy day because it feels so luxurious when we eat them. 

This year as we opened the Chicago box I noticed a chocolate cake kit on top. Apparently last year when I looked through the pamphlet I asked Peppy, "Hey, why doesn't Tim ever send you one of these "Award Winning Chocolate Cakes"? Peppy relayed the message to Tim, who remembered this year when he put in an order for Peppy. I don't even remember saying that, although I am sure that when I looked through the pamphlet this year I would have said, "Hey, why doesn't Tim ever send you one of these "Award Winning Chocolate Cakes"? 

Apparently these cakes are huge sellers and they were all out of round ones, so we've been eating an award winning heart shaped chocolate cake all weekend. 

So you all know (at ad nauseam) my feelings about Christmas, so I won't even go there. I will say despite my personal feelings over the last ten years, I have always been able to feel this jovial Christmas spirit when I go in public, or just this mutual vibe that is in the air at Christmastime. It's not there this year. Maybe in some homes it is, but as a collective it's completely gone. I'm not saying there aren't happy people in the holly jolly mood, because there are, but there's something missing in the air this year and I have heard so many people say this year feels less like Christmas than ever before. This could be due to a myriad of reasons. 

I do have one personal tradition, and that is listening to this cover of 'Little Drummer Boy.' It is a bop. I wonder if Weird Al will sing 'Christmas at Ground Zero' today or if that seems a little too prophetic? 

I know I post some things that make it seem like I've really gone off the deep end and this is one that is still a little baffling to me. About a month ago I started listening to healing tone frequencies on youtube. I've often used frequencies and binaural beats for headaches, and there are specific tones that I cannot stand and others that seem to resonate with my entire body. I figured they are blasting us with bad frequencies all the time, so I'd try a healing one. I've been listening to one for about three weeks when I read the bible in the morning. It is really good at helping me knock out distractions like Sheldon snoring or Frankie being a 5 am maniac.

So I've had this (please say this in your mind in Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice) fatty tumor under my left shoulder blade for over ten years now. I named it Elijah Wood. I went to the dermatologist about it years ago, and he told me unless Elijah started to bother me it was no big deal. It was ugly when I wore a tanktop, but I couldn't see it and it didn't hurt, so I didn't really care. The only time I really noticed it was in the shower or when I scratched my back in a certain spot. But if I were to blindly rub my hand down a hundred back I would have been able to pick Elijah out because I was so familiar with what it felt like under my palm or nails.

Yesterday I noticed that Elijah has shrunk to about 1/3 of his size. 

Peppy says there is no way there's any correlation, but I don't know. Maybe there's a time I would have agreed, but I have learned there's more woo woo than actual science in this world. Science is just a man trying to explain the woo woo while excluding the supernatural, which just becomes a rigid, black and white way of thinking. And there's really so much gray. I wish I had a before picture of my shrinking Frodo Baggins. I'm going to take a picture of Elijah today so I can see if it makes any more progress in downsizing. It takes a lot to shock me, and I'm pretty baffled because I don't think lipomas just go away. 

Comments