Skip to main content

weird things are happening v.168

Owsley and I have been at the food bank all week. Some changes have been made in regards to our director, which made our food manager quit that day with no notice, so everyone has been doing whatever they can to chip in. Fortunately after today we will be closed until January 2nd. Not too great for our clients, but it will give the new director time to settle in and work on the changes they want implemented before we reopen in the new year. All that to say, I am exhausted. I was joking with Peppy on Wednesday saying that I didn't know how people get up and go to a job five days a week. I've been working my brain as hard as I can every day this week, and this morning when I woke up at 4:30 I wasn't quite as awake as I normally am, and I could envision a tiny white flag being raised and waved. Getting up is not the problem, the problem is getting ready. When my brain is in one of these nonstop depersonalized/dissociative states I have a really bad concept of time and I really do have to force myself to get up. It's not like this all the time, but it has been this week, and my body feels like cement. I'm not even in a bad mood or anything, it just feels like doing the basic stuff is like trying to run underwater. 

I am optimistic about these changes though. The last few years we've witnessed the food bank slowly imploding from the inside (kind of like America!) due to lack of leadership. 

*Man spots colorful UFO from his balcony in Chigaco.

*UFO spotted hovering over Air Force 1 at LAX.

*Great time with Leave the World Behind, because now deer have been spotted in weird places. 

*Bull seen running loose on tracks near Penn Station.

*Plague of tadpoles, frogs and toads causes pileup in Honduras.

*At least a dozen are still missing from China's earthquake on Monday.

*Norwegian cruise ship loses power after a storm at sea.

*'Mouse Fever' affects Russian troops.

*South Korea culls over 500,000 birds after finding 8 cases of bird flu on farms. 

*Flowers are giving up on insects and evolving to self-pollinate.

*Teacher charged with terrorism after he threatens to decapitate student. 

*Largest solar flare in six years interferes with radio communications with airplanes.

*Illegal cocoa from Nigerian farms makes its way to US and European candy-makers. 

*CDC warns of viral covid 'hurricane.' 

*Study says that the climate is worsening due to breathing.

*Mystery pathogen in China stops responding to antibiotics.

*Pope says that Roman Catholic priests can now bless same sex couples.

*Colorado Supreme Court declared Trump ineligible for running for president. 

*Volcano in Iceland erupts. 

Comments