Skip to main content

food and zombies and restrictions, oh my!

I woke up this morning thinking about how in all of the stories in scripture about people coming back from the dead, Christ is always like, "now give them something to eat." That seems to be his catch phrase. That, and "tell no one I did this." After he is resurrected he appears to his disciples on the beach, "Anyone hungry? I'm cooking us some breakfast over here." Paraphrase obviously. I am wondering if food is something that roots us back to this earth? And then if we think about all the crap in our food today (not to mention secretly added mRNA in our food,) what does that ground us to?

Aside from intermittent fasting, which I pretty much do every day more or less for the last eight years, I have never truly fasted. Definitely not in a spiritual way, but I remember how crisp my mind felt after I initially started a daily 16:8 fast. I felt so much better not eating breakfast every day. No matter what I ate, I would have a crash a few hours after breakfast, and being able to completely bypass this mid-morning fatigue was awesome. I eat in the mornings if it's some special occasion, or even if I just feel like it, but I really don't even have any hunger cues until lunchtime, especially not if I am keeping busy. Making the decision to not eat breakfast made both my mind and body feel better. 

Sometimes I eat like garbage and I can feel it. Sometimes I eat pretty much only fruits and vegetables and I can feel it. I like to keep my metabolism guessing what's next. It might be a good to get used to surviving on a handful of peanuts and dried berries anyway. You never know when not being so heavily dependent on food and snacking might come in handy. (Probably sooner than we think.) I really need to get over this gummy candy addiction that comes out of nowhere sometime. I know that stuff is literally terrible for you. Gelatin is basically just fat and sugar, right? That is disgusting, so WHY IS IT SO GOOD!?!

The World Economic Forum will be meeting next week to discuss strategies for a potential disease that could actually wipe out a large chunk of humanity. So, if we can go by the pattern we've been seeing with these meeting since 2019 (and probably much longer,) Disease X should start officially popping up in two or three months. Great. Now that they've done the psychological trials on how we would respond in a pandemic situation, they can release a real one. The zombie brain virus. I'm going to tell you, a lifetime ago I did a LOT of malidaptive daydreaming. I've lived out a bunch of apocalyptic scenarios in my mind, and my least favorite is zombies. Like, why even bother trying to live through that one? I'm waaaaaay too lazy for a zombie apocalypse. Who wants to be on guard all the time? Not this gal.

I do not follow the doctor that I linked the video of, although I have watched a few of his things since covid began. The implications of a virus like this on humans would be absolutely devastating. 


I feel like life has become like a sticky version of Fruit Ninja. They are throwing everything, literally EV-ER-Y-THING at us right now and seeing what sticks. Some of it we can karate chop away, but there's still dynamite flying at our faces, and that 21 fruit combo probably actually just summoned a demon or something. 

This is also the year that the internet officially becomes 1984. 

Also, Applebees 'ALL YOU CAN EAT' is back for $14.99!!' I do not care about this. I do not even remember the last time I ate at an Applebees. The algorithm thinks I care though. I think I'd rather just take my $15, or $60 for my whole family to eat (plus tax and tip totally about $75.00) and get groceries instead. 

Comments