Skip to main content

waiting for a superman

I asked you a question. I didn't need you to reply, "is it getting heavy?" But then I realized, is it getting heavy? Well I thought it was already as heavy as can be. 

I am back in the new testament and I was reading where Jesus begins calling his apostles, and they all drop what they are doing and immediately follow him. Why? Because his sheep know his voice. I cannot explain it, but there was something about Christ that they immediately knew him to be true, even if they didn't quite understand everything. They could tell this man was different. 

“Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” John 10:1-4

You must recognize his voice, because there are imposters trying to deceive you at every angle. You must know his voice, and he must know you. 

As the world collapses around us, it is clear to see that most people are struggling. Peppy says not everyone is struggling, and ok, I'd like to add a little caveat to that. The people who are struggling the least are more than likely one of the following: super rich and oblivious, just oblivious and delusional/stuck in the matrix, evil, or they have Christ guiding their footsteps (and even then that doesn't make anyone immune to suffering, the opposite actually.) Literally the only way to have any peace in this life is to be anchored to Jesus. The only way to not be deceived is to daily pray for wisdom, discernment and truth. 

Over the last couple of years I have begun to dig into end time prophecies for other world religions, and many of them overlap and have much in common. It would be really easy to be convinced they are one in the same if you were not rooted in truth. And they are all waiting for a superman. Really, aren't we all? There is only one way to God, and that is through Jesus Christ. 

"I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you know my Father as well." John 14:6-7
 

Comments