Skip to main content

state of confusion

I think I have a really good idea of how my brain works now. Because the first thing I do after I wake up is make a cup of coffee and pray, I am generally pretty aware of what is or isn't in my brain on any given day. When I woke up on Tuesday I went to pray and couldn't. Sometimes there's free flowing consciousness up there, and sometimes there's nada.

Tuesday was my niece's tenth birthday and we all got together for pizza and cake that evening. My younger brother (my longhaul twin) said, "I woke up this morning and immediately said to Kaitlin, 'There's nothing in my brain.'"

Twinsies!

Here is evidence #85754 that we are all losing our minds. Trivial evidence, but I laughed so hard when my niece burst out laughing because Granna had written this in her card:
I am only laughing because I proofread my posts before I post them, and I still leave tons of incorrect unnoticed stuff. In my previous life, people would ask me to proofread stuff all the time. Sometimes I'm still asked, but I clearly don't give it the diligence I used to. My mom claimed she had re-read the card a few times to make sure it was coherent, and I believe her. 

Last week at the food bank a new client came in, and the volunteers gave him an extra large family set because according to his information he had an extra large family. Apparently he had 9 children. All of whom had the same name and birthday as himself. This also made me laugh really hard because our volunteers usually don't let things like this slip through. They are usually really good at picking out the people who are trying to cheat the system. 

I am fairly sure this is the mental result of the solar flare that happened earlier this week. We don't feel the effects immediately when these flares happen, but man do they affect us, and most of us don't even realize it. So if you're feeling stupider than normal, or those around you are coming off dumber than usual, just have some mercy and compassion, because most of us can't help it. This is also your reminder to stop filming yourself while driving, especially given the current circumstances of most of our brains. 

No one can convince me these things aren't called 'coronal mass ejections' for a reason directly related to coronavirus. I am so grateful that at least I'm currently in a mood where I am laughing at virtually everything. 

I started another round of diatomaceous earth last week. I don't even know why, other than I felt compelled to. And I am blown away again at how every single craving for sugar just disappears. 

Comments