Skip to main content

weird things are happening v.189

I don't have much to say. I have a couple unpublished posts that need to be quickly scanned for errors and incomplete sentences that just fall into the ether. I will be 40 in a week. Life is pretty good right now. Staying busy is clearly the key for me to maintain the most consecutive mentally well days in a row. Less time to think about what no longer works in my head. 

Peppy turned on the debate last night. This year's debate had a totally different vibe to it, and I don't know if it can be completely attributed to my lack of social media either. Even in real life I haven't heard anyone discussing the debate the same way everyone was in both 2020 and 2016. In 2016 we were traveling, and we got all the west coast opinions at that time. In 2020 we were in the beginning stages of covid and people were definitely talking about the debate. This year? I can't even describe the vibe. Nonexistent? I'm not saying people aren't patriotic and concerned. I'm just saying the energy and fire of previous elections almost seems like a ghost of the past. Like...it's all dead.

I don't know who is in charge here, or what was going on with Biden that caused him to never take a breath in between his thoughts. But the energy in everything has been sucked out, and it feels like no one is even trying anymore. I'll admit that I haven't given Trump any attention over the last four years other than the major headlines I see on Reddit, but where's the man I remember? His zing is gone. He's just an old dude with too much self tanner. He didn't even have that arrogant swagger that he usually has. Maybe this has been a slow fizzle over the last four years and I just haven't noticed because he doesn't exist in my mind at all.

I did make a note that both Trump's and Biden's American Flag lapel pins seemed to be waxy and not have the stars and stripes on them. But since I don't usually watch the debates I didn't have anything else to compare them to. Maybe the pins always look like that once they are translated through a screen. Or maybe it's a symbol. Both Trump and Biden looked a little pale, fragile, and sickly. I decided to look up this video from four years ago, and they both looked like wax figures compared to the healthy glow they had last time around. Biden definitely looked like he was wearing his smart lens contacts again.

 

Who knew I'd be able to look back at the early years of covid and they would appear lighthearted and carefree? It feels we have all lost irreplaceable years of our lives, of our children's lives. When I think about how much has changed in the last four years, I am grateful that my meat suit is incapable of making feelings anymore. It would feel like I was punched in the gut all the time, so cheers for being unable to feel any of that! Because it is all a burning dumpster fire.

We watched ten minutes of the debate because we were both curious as to why there was no audience allowed. I thought maybe the whole thing would be deep fakes, but if it was, they decided to use sad, low energy, elderly men for some reason. Maybe to allude to America being old, decrepit, and ready for death. This is still all part of the plan. Everything they broadcast to us is for a specific reason.

The rolling blackouts seem to be happening all over the world right now. This is reality now, and I would suggest having enough food/water medicine and toiletry items to last you a few days/weeks in case you  experience an extended blackout. 

*Anyone remember the balloons that North Korea sent into South Korea last month? Turns out they were filled with parasites.

*NASA predicts there is an asteroid with a 72% chance of it hitting earth within the next fourteen years. 

*Just like a siren with her wiles, concert goers on Taylor Swift's European leg of the tour are also reporting amnesia, just like American attendees did last year. This doesn't seem to be happening with concerts of any other artists. 

*In a world's first, Finland starts bird flu vaccines for humans.

*First account of locally transmitted dengue fever in Florida.

*The Mall of America introduces new facial recognition security system. I've read more than one news story about these systems falsely identifying and imprisoning the wrong person. 

*In the same vein as all the crazy dog attack stories, it also seems that shark attacks are being reported more frequently.

*Thousands of pounds of sewage spills into a popular California beach spot.

*In Denmark, farmers will have to pay a carbon tax for each cow they own. 

*In less that a week, more than 500 people have died from a heatwave in Pakistan.

*Four people in the Maldives were arrested for practicing black magic on the president. I hope we can all agree by this point that yes, magic is real. The intent behind it matters just as much as the words/ingredients, but yeah, it is real and very powerful, and that is why we've been told it is fantasy.

Comments