Skip to main content

stream of consciousness

Biden broke up with America via a tweet. Doesn't that seem a little...eh...middle school to you? It could have felt a little more personal by using the emergency nationwide texting alert system, but this is 2024, and we are going out with a fizzle and definitely not a BANG. 

I clearly remember how jarring it felt to me when I first learned years ago that the POTUS had a twitter account. (Maybe twitter is a great source of information. I wouldn't know. I had a short-lived account for a couple weeks but could never get into it. Probably because of the 140 character limit and my hatred for internet abbreviations.) It felt like some line was crossed, and that suddenly the president was lowered to the idiocy of the herd. The manipulation of the emotions of the people were definitely able to be harnessed in a new, innovative way. 

Almost like magic.

Anyway, in a similar non event as Trump's assassination attempt, the world has remained mostly silent. In a pre-covid world this seems like something a little more monumental. Even a recorded video would have been better. 

Do we even know that the real Biden is still alive? 

********

I left this post open and came back 8 hours later and people are actually saying that maybe Joe Biden is really dead and that he suffered a medical emergency last week. Really, how would we even know? 

********

Came back to this draft the next morning and now there are rumors Biden is in hospice? Ever since the attempted assassination, the r/conspiracy online numbers have quadrupled, and this morning I scrolled past hours of posts questioning whether or not Joe Biden had left this realm or not. 

Will the real Joe Biden please stand up? Can the real Joe Biden even stand up?

It really feels like things are being accelerated. Observation: Things have begun to get really sloppy. So sloppy that in the olden days of the early 2000s, any normal person would have been like, "wait..what?" to every single thing that is going on. And now? No one is even talking about it in real life. Maybe they are on social media, but if you aren't talking about it in reality what is even the point? It doesn't even exist in this world if it is never even brought into this existence to begin with.

Makes me question if the powers that be are speeding things up because they forecast something happening soon in the space weather that will majorly affect us. 

There is some evil circle of life connection between Trump/BlackRock/Crowdstrike. 

I have become really bold in the anti political statements I make in public lately. Normally I keep this stuff to myself, but lately I've said a thing or two at the food bank that later on makes me question if I went too far. I know what I believe, but I also can read the room and I understand how far is too far, and lately I think maybe I've gone too far and I've really offended someone. But then, days later, they will come up to me and say, "I was thinking about what you said last week....." And really, that's all I can ask for, is for someone to just stop and think about something instead of blindly believing. Even Sarah said, "Deanna, I want to live in this delusion-free world you live in." And this was said unironically, I can promise you that. (And she worked for NASA, which if this were a super hero movie would be an arch nemesis of mine.) So take that, Satan, you deceiver of the whole world. 

There is so much freedom in leaving this world behind and embracing salvation in Christ. I can still live in the moment and appreciate and love those around me, but I toss off this world like an uncomfortable and itchy toddler pageant dress. 

Owsley had his first eye cross-linking last Friday. He was in a lot of pain the first 24 hours, but bit by bit he started feeling better each day. He got to take off his patch yesterday and fortunately there wasn't any blurriness, which was great, because the doctor said sometimes it takes up to a month for the cornea to mold back into shape and for your vision to stabilize. I hate that he's got to do this all again next month, but at least he knows what to expect this time around. 

My mom had given me a Bath and Body Works giftcard that had been collecting dust, because just thinking about that store brings me into a sensory overload and I can smell a migraine coming. I know the handful of scents I can tolerate, and I ended up ordering some foam soap refills because somehow Peppy had found out they were majorly discounted, and they arrived in the mail on Saturday. 
I've never ordered anything from BBW before, and opening the box did bring me a tiny bit of joy, and then my brain immediately belted out, "It's a beautiful waste" to the tune of U2 "Beautiful Day." 

I do not mind the lingering scent of fresh apples following me around. 

I've had a hard time getting going lately. Just like it's taking even more effort than usual to dial down the idleness and turn on productivity. It made me think about the term lollygagging (which looks horrible typed out,) and after some consideration, I am sure that word began as a major insult. 

Comments