Skip to main content

A.I. A.I. (uh-oh)

Before Gage's birthday I was looking for an Apashe hoodie for him. I stumbled upon this Redbubble/Ebay hybrid type of website where they made their own shirts AND sold leftover concert merch. They had great reviews with pictures, and even had the particular hoodie and shirt that I hadn't been able to find in stock in Gage's size on the Apashe website.

Even though it was exactly what I had been looking for, something felt weird about it, and I realized that I couldn't find a search bar anywhere on the entire website. I had clicked onto the site straight from a google search. There was a contact email and Owsley contacted them about the lack of search bar, and their response was "send a screenshot of what you are looking for." 

What does that even mean? I mean, I know what it means, but why? That's not even something a scammer would say.

I told Peppy that it felt like the website had actually been created as I had searched for the merchandise. The website seemed 100% tailored to what I was looking for, even though this website had never, ever shown up in my search results before. (And I had periodically been checking for this particular hoodie since last November.) The website gave the same vibes as Willy Wonka's 'pasadase of sweet teets' and I decided the whole thing was AI, even the contact person Owsley had talked to.

I often wonder just how much of the internet is fake now. Owsley shows me videos of AI talking back and forth with each other on facebook over very obviously looking AI pictures. Lobster Jesus and third world children with octopus arms building sculptures out of flat tires. Things that any human idiot could tell is fake. But there will be hundreds of comments like, "Why don't pictures like this go viral?" Or "Beautiful picture!" 

We did this. We taught the demon in the machine and now there is some weird middle reality where the AI hang out. It feels so very unnatural. Uncanny valley. In the same way that google can immediately give you an AI overview answer (that is not necessarily accurate or truthful), I wonder how many times they create fake websites the moment you google something. 

Oh, Deanna, that's impossible. 

I don't think so. If alchemy is real in reality (and it is), then how could there not be a so-call "demon in the machine" that can create in the simulation world on demand? That would almost appear to be magical in the simulation world. 

This is similar to the vampire stories where they can't come in unless you invite them in. Well, we invited them. We yearned and desired for this, and in our ignorance we craved more and more. Well, here she comes. 

Or is she already here? I think she's been here for a while and has just been hiding in the shadows waiting for the right moment.

I stumbled upon this video today. I have no clue who these people are, but for some reason felt compelled to keep watching. If you can hang in the first three minutes, it gets really interesting and makes you feel a little crazy the further his investigation goes. These are things I've thought of before, but seeing this guy provide 100% proof of AI online personalities creating and streaming in real time is very West World to me. I think his discovery is proof that we have already gone too far, and the exponential growth of these things is going to be remarkable. 

There's something wrong here, there can be no denying. One of us is changing, or maybe we just stopped trying. And it's too late baby, now it's too late. Though we really did try to make it. Something inside has died and I can't hide it, and I just can't fake it. Oh, no, no, no, no.

Comments