Skip to main content

another stream of consciousness

Yesterday was Peppy's 40th birthday. I have been working with my in-laws to surprise him with a overnight trip, but on Friday I realized that other than baking him a cake I didn't have anything for him. We don't really do big gifts or anything, but Peppy is always really thoughtful about getting me something that I need but might not necessarily buy for myself. I googled some album covers and decided this Billy Strings album art looked like something I could do.
That'll do pig. That'll do.

I was really pleased with how these came out, and I'm pretty happy with how well the edges match up. I also made him a German chocolate cake. I followed a new recipe for the icing and I think it's the best tasting one I've made for him so far.
We went and saw Beetlejuice last night and I wasn't too impressed with it. I felt like they tried to tie too many storylines together. How many different stories can we put inside one main story? Who knows, but lets try and find out. I'm not going to give away any spoilers, but it was a lot, and then it all came together so quickly in the end. There were some really funny parts, but I prefer the first Beetlejuice because it seemed to make more (logical?) sense. A lot of sequels make sense if you haven't seen the first movie, but this one seemed to have the expectation that you'd already seen the first film. 

It was over $60 for tickets alone for the four of us to go to the movies. That is absolute insanity. I'm not complaining because we had a good time together, but dang. Life is so expensive. No wonder no one is out doing anything. Every time we have gone to the movie over the last couple of years (which has been four times; Avatar, Guardians of the Galaxy, Dungeons & Dragons and Beetlejuice)it feels like the age of the movie theater is growing obsolete. Just like the golden age of shopping malls, fast food and infomercials, there comes a time for the decline of everything. 

Why are so many local kids being arrested for making terrorist threats? It almost feels viral because it happened out of nowhere. I think 20 kids from 6th-12th grade have been arrested for making terror threats in less than a week. 

A few days ago there was a reddit post on my homepage. I think it was on /askreddit and the question was something like, "what is a pain that is indescribable unless you have experienced it?"
Whoop whoop! I'm #2! I'm #2! Seriously, I did not think trigeminal neuralgia was going to be the second voted answer on the whole post. After so much medical gaslighting, it kind of makes me feel like a bad*ss. After I gave birth I felt Herculean, but this is on a totally different level and during a flare up I would rather be in active labor. At least when you're in labor you know there's an end in sight. There's no end to this until I'm dead. When I read harmonia's comment I'm like "yeah, I can relate to this 100%," but at the same time I'm not going to let this freak accident dictate the rest of my life. Peppy will often ask me how my head is feeling, and like the above comment, it is in pain all the time, every single day, but as long as it isn't a flare up I can usually deal with it and go about my day. 

As far as it being called the 'suicide disease,' well, TN hasn't taken me to a place that I haven't already mentally been before, so at least I have that working for me. 
The stars were really bright this morning at 5:15 for my newly acquired deck dancing ritual. Mornings are my absolute favorite. Waking up hours before everyone and spending time with the Lord and then going outside and releasing some endorphins. There's something about the solitude, the trees and the sky. I feel like the only person in the world in the best way possible, and I think my morning routine helps me be the best person I can be for the rest of the day. 

Comments