Skip to main content

when it all comes crashing

OK, I am over here laughing like a lunatic. Let me tell you something about me now...I often come to these insane realizations out of nowhere. Things that I have never thought about, and when I actually do I realize how absolutely bonkers the whole thing is. Peppy came up to me over the weekend and thought I was crying, but I was doubled over laughing about something I had thought. I am always thankful whenever the part of my brain that can make me laugh is working correctly. I did miss it for a couple years there. 

Anyway, there are some things that I have not given much thought to at all.

Like bitcoin. 

I have intuitively known bitcoin was a scam, but I've never given it much thought because I've always just kind of understood this internet/simulation world will eventually disappear, along with everything associated with it. I mean, honestly, anyone that trusts and believes in anything Elon Musk has his hands in is more delusional than I am. (There are a few people that I am absolutely baffled that people still put their trust in. Everything that guy has said has been a lie. He's not even intelligent, he just has a lot of money.)

Owning bitcoin is owning air. It is even more irrelevant than owning a piece of a paper money.

We went from mining gold and precious materials from the earth (that is a real, tangible thing that you can actually hold, actually touch) to mining nothing from nothing....and somehow thinking we are brilliant for doing so. They are using energy for nothing, and apparently electricity for mining can get pretty expensive. 

You are mining a synthetic web in the air. Ok, cool. Who is the prince of the power of the air? No one I want to associate with. 

I also put my faith in something invisible, but the difference is that one day I will be able to see what I believe in.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work we go.

I just realized that our cosmic miner on the far left is missing his left arm. Explain yourself, Bing! I don't know why they are astronauts anyway. My prompt was "mining bitcoin in the air."

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Matthew 6:19-21

What is your treasure? What do you focus most of your time on and pay your attention to? For some of us, a major talent in our lives is our time. What are you spending yours on? 

Comments