Skip to main content

movie magic

A few months ago Bruce Willis announced that he was retiring because he had been diagnosed with aphasia, which is a brain disorder that causes the inability to understand or express speech. Kind of sounds like what is going on with many of us, so obviously my heart goes out to him and his family. Actually, my heart goes out to every single person alive right now. Who wouldn't want to be alive in a time where we are all slowly being poisoned to death? 

Anyway....

This morning I saw an article that said Bruce Willis was the first actor to sign over rights to a deepfake firm. Maybe this is just because his family is used to living a certain way, and the only way to keep that lifestyle is steady income. But I believe this is just further opening the doors to not even needing humans anymore. We've already got self checkouts and self driving cars. Do we really even need people? Oh wait, that is the goal of the WEF. (Every single time I've ever typed out WEF or NWO I think of wrestling.)

I said years ago that I thought all the filters on social media apps (especially snapchat) were just preparing us to not be able to tell a real person from a fake. I'm sure this has been going on for even longer than I believe. Gage has such an awesome graphics card on his computer that some things actually look better than they do in real life. We can't trust anything we see on tv anymore because you can manipulate anything, and CGI and deepfakes have become so realistic that most people can't tell reality from fiction. 

Once my younger brother had taken a picture with my mom using a smoothing filter. She didn't realize a filter had been used and she kept saying what a great picture of both of them it was. I didn't have the heart to tell her that she doesn't really look like that in reality. I mean, come on, I'm not being mean, but a 60 year old woman has wrinkles. I have crows feet and forehead wrinkles. I am real, even if I don't always feel that way. 

Y'all know I've questioned the validity of Joe Biden many times. Sometimes he appears to have dementia, other times he appears to be completely coherent and even look vastly different. I think because I've stopped using social media and I rarely watch real tv, it has become easy for me to spot a deep fake. Some easy tips are to look for flawless skin. Real people have pores, wrinkles, and blemishes. Pay attention to the lips. The weird movement of the mouth is usually a quick giveaway. Maybe that was a bonus of wearing masks. We all forgot what people's mouths looked like when they moved. Also, the eyes. If they don't seem to need to blink for minutes at a time, it is probably a deepfake. 

Be careful believing everything you see. Here are a couple websites where you can test your ability to spot a deepfake. Here and here. And even when it is not a deepfake, the makeup and masks that people can create are incredibly realistic. Movie magic, folks. All the world's a stage. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Comments