Skip to main content

stream of consciousness/gage's birthday

I'm back to knowing zero about what is going on in the political world, and suddenly everyone is talking about how Biden must have dementia, and I'm thinking, "Seriously!?! Some of you are only now questioning whether something is amiss with our president?" 

I don't know. Whatever. I only starting paying attention to politics around eight years ago. I'm glad that door in my brain has closed again and I feel no need to even peek into that fake nonsense. 

Yesterday I had to take my car to Pep Boys for a front end alignment. The a/c was out in the building and yes, it was hot, but they had two huge industrial fans blowing, so it wasn't feeling life threatening or anything like that. Especially when there are people legitimately dying in the heat right now. This Karen comes up to the counter and says, "I am really the most patient person I know (*if you say this about yourself you probably aren't*) but I am agitated now and you do NOT want to experience my wrath. Since COVID your facilities have gone to hell." Then she goes on and on about how hot she is and her son could come fix their a/c in 30 minutes, (OK, so call him?) and how could they think it was ok to have customers in conditions like this. 

Lady, take a step back and examen yourself. You are whining to a teenager who has zero control over your car. Look around, everyone is hot, not just you, and then take a huuuuuuuuuuuge step back and recognize that everywhere has gone to hell since COVID. This isn't the world you thought you knew, and it never will be again. So stop complaining because you're just making this new world worse. Everything seems toxic now. The air, the food, the entertainment, the people.  It's up to you to be the bigger person now. If your words don't improve the silence, then keep them to yourself.

When we went back to pick up my car, the receptionist was on the phone with another person who was chewing her out. After she got off the phone, Peppy made a comment like, "Do you have to deal with people like this all day? My wife told me there was a major Karen in here earlier." The receptionist said, "Oh, was she the skinny white lady with glasses? I saw her laughing at that lady."

And here I think people never see me. I guess maybe I shouldn't be laughing at strangers from across the room, but it came off as comedy, and I can still laugh. So I did.

Pre-covid we had a more professional vibe at the food back, but now we try to cut up and laugh because our clients need to come into a place with positive energy flowing in it. We even have clients say, "Wow, this place is different from other places. I want to stay here a little bit longer." 

The five days in-between mine and Gage's birthdays are usually a free-for-all, and every year since he's been born I always breathe a sigh of relief after the week of July 4th-10th is over. I feel like I have been especially busy lately, but I could only tell you the main events: Cheesecake Factory, Urban Cookhouse, Dave & Busters, Gage's birthday. 

When I try to recall the last week, the main events come into my mind like they are being stamped down on paper, one by one. Here you go, Deanna. These are yours, just don't ask to remember the minor details. Thank you and goodbye.

I might like to check out Guban Busterrs. 
The kids have gotten so into Guitar Hero that Owsley bought a guitar controller for PC. Too bad Peppy and I didn't save all our stuff from years ago, but by the end of our Rock Band career we had already gone through so many controllers that our old ones weren't even worth saving. It is pretty cool to see both of them enjoying a game that Peppy and I used to play so much.
You know me, waiting until the last minute for everything. I meant to get some silicone molds to make music notes, but ran out of time so I free handed a pair of chocolate headphones and some music notes. Some of them look better than others. One of the music notes looks like a giraffe, or maybe a brontosaurus. 
  
We had a small party for Gage Thursday night. Both my brothers and their families are out of town, so it really was a tiny party, but I don't think Gage really minded. Plus he had such wonderful decorations like the ones below. Hah. But for real, this is totally Gage's style. 

Comments