Skip to main content

morning stream of consciousness

Yesterday at the food bank the director was in my office talking with two other people. I overheard him say, "If I go to hell, at least I have a lot of friends there" and then he started laughing. I think maybe my mouth dropped open. Or actually, it probably didn't. I've always had a fairly good poker face and especially now that it takes a few extra moments for my brain to register what I see and hear. I was baffled. First, this guy is a pastor for a Methodist congregation. Second, why would you joke about something like that? And third, does he really think so many of his friends are going to hell? Why would that not be heartbreaking for him?  He wasn't always like this. Even though my own brain is severely lacking, I can also see changes in other people. Whether it is from trauma over the last two years or side effects from covid and the vaccines, I don't know, but people are changing. I've said and done some pretty out-of-character things the past year and a half, so I can only assume that there is a percentage of other people that have suffered brain damage who are also saying and doing things they wouldn't normally say and do.

I had another fun incident while I went to the back for a trashbag. I was wearing my Noah was a conspiracy theorist shirt. We generally have a rotating group of Mormon missionaries who will volunteer with us. Most of the time I feel badly for the ones that are sent to Alabama, while some of the others get to go on their mission to more...exotic places. Anyway, one of the elders (their elders are actually 18 year old boys,) said, "I met a conspiracy theorist once. He didn't like me because I had all the answers." Hmm, what a pompous thing for an eighteen year old to say. No one has all the answers. "He refused to get the vaccine because he was certain the government was using them to track us. How stupid." I told him that I didn't believe that was what was going on, but that I was unvaccinated because there was just not enough research when they first rolled out, and we don't know the long term results (although people are in denial if they don't see that for some unlucky folks something is going on with these vaccines.) He just kind of looked at me like I was crazy and I'm sure I was lumped in with vaccine implant guy. Oh well. I've seen people posting screenshots from MSM news stories about vaccine side effects. So it is crazy to me that anyone is still supporting this and continuing to get boosters. 

I hope everyone is paying attention to all these world leaders that resigned and have been replaced by members of the World Economic Forum. I know that there are so many distractions, but this is going on right under our noses. What Orwell and Huxley tried to warn us about is unfolding before our very eyes. 

Does anyone remember when President Biden said, "If you get these vaccines you will not get covid." That aged well. 

I've been doing Duolingo for almost four months now. Yesterday at the food bank I was able to read a letter from a Spanish client, so that was pretty cool. I have been looking up Alzheimer's information because sometimes I really feel like I have it, but one of the first symptoms is that you stop being able to learn new skills and I've been able to pick up Spanish fairly easy. I guess it is just surreal to be present for something in the moment, and then as soon as it is over it doesn't feel real. It all just seems like a dream. And don't ask me to recall something from yesterday or the day before, because I more than likely won't remember. All I can do is accept it and laugh. At least there is a gift in being self aware and recognizing where you are lacking. 

Comments