Skip to main content

eating dirt: take three

I have been eating my dirt before bed for a month now. The more I see articles and celebrity endorsements about eating bugs or drinking cockroach milk, I can't help but wonder if this is all about parasites. Especially now that I really do see the connection between how parasites can affect our thought processes. 

I still haven't had a single negative effect, only a positive experience. I haven't been bloated in a month, no matter what I eat. The hair on my scalp is finally starting to feel thicker again, so I assume there are lots of little baby hairs beginning to sprout all over. My lack of sugar cravings also drastically reduced any PMS symptoms this month. I know my sugar intake seems to go hand-in-hand with how crazy I feel before my period, and this month I didn't feel any drastic mood changes from week to week. I had one day where some random stuff was making me irritable, but I usually have an entire week of feeling irrationally irritable or sad and lonely.

The two biggest changes I have noticed have been my vision and my personality. The moment I got covid my vision went blurry. I remember driving back from the beach wondering if I really should be driving because I was suddenly having so much trouble seeing, and then it never got better. My vision went from 20/20 to 20/40 and super blurry and dry basically overnight. Over the past month all the blurriness has gone away and I've stopped having to wear glasses when I drive or go to the grocery store. I also feel like some of my offbeat personality has come back, although who knows if that is just a result of taking wellbutrin the past 5 months. I still can't focus and my memory is crap, but I feel more like me. The improved vision caught me completely off guard though. I wasn't expecting that at all.

I still haven't had any intrusive thoughts. It is absolutely insane. I think on my first post about diatomaceous dirt I mentioned I was a skeptic about the connection between parasites and mood/mental disorders. I have become a believer. 

According to the CDC (if we can trust them) over 40 million americans are infected with toxoplasmosis alone. (I read that France has up to an 80% infection rate!) After an initial infection, which can be asymptomatic, this particular parasite travels to brain and muscle tissue and just chills for the rest of your life. Research has shown that an infection of toxoplasmosis can be linked with depression, anxiety, aggression, bipolar disorder, OCD, schizophrenia, and neurodegenerative diseases. Apparently women infected with toxoplasmosis are also more prone to suicide. 

Nematomorph worms make crickets commit suicide by drowning themselves. Toxoplasmosis makes mice fearless. And trematodes infect snails, causing their eyestalks to bulge. Birds mistakenly think their eyestalks are worms and the birds become infected. These parasites are not just limited to non-human animals. Anyone can be affected.

Once a parasite makes its way to your digestive system it goes to work on your nervous system, changing the way your brain sends and receives signals. Mind control is real, and if the media doesn't get to you, the parasites will. 

You can read my first two posts about diatomaceous dirt here and here.

Comments

  1. YES! I love Diatomaceous earth. and how did I know you were blogging again??! I randomly was unfollowing everyone on youtube and saw your blog linked in your youtube channel....I have never been more excited :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment