Skip to main content

i eat dirt: part deux

Intrusive thoughts. I just always thought everyone had them. As a young child I assumed everyone had these random insane thoughts or ideas and you just had to filter out the bad ones the best you could. I didn't know everyone else wasn't thinking about what would happen if I ate the gingerbread man off the tree at school, or if I threw an eraser at the back of the teacher's head. I thought everyone laughed in their mind at the idea of just randomly tripping someone. I always thought, "Well as long as these things stay in your head, no harm done." 

I also thought everyone had these little doorways in their brain like a village and the villagers would open their window and give their unsolicited advice. There would be me, the main character, and then these other voices that subconsciously formed how I viewed the world through parasite colored lenses. I mean, who hasn't wondered if a head smashed against the pavement sounds similar to throwing a pumpkin or watermelon into a tree. Anyone? Bueller? ......Bueller? 

This is me, trying to mind my own dang business when the peanut gallery always has to chime in with how weird or aloof I am. Sorry gang, you've been poofed away.

I've been taking diatomaceous earth for over  two weeks now.  If you haven't read my first post about DE you can read it there. My entire life I have had intrusive thoughts. Sometimes they would be about self esteem, or driving a car into a tree, or wondering how it would feel to hole punch the skin between your thumb and first finger. I knew these were just fleeting thoughts (I never knew they had an official name.) I just knew they weren't real, although at times the effect they had on me was very real. 

Since eating dirt I haven't had a single intrusive thought. It is just me and my old and unimproved brain. But hey, at least it is less crowded in here. 

From the very first day my mind felt much more clear, although I couldn't really understand what the difference was. After about a week (I've told you I'm much slower now) I realized what it was- I was no longer having intrusive thoughts. Nothing was there blocking my mind with unfounded prejudices. 

Even with all the brain damage stuff, my mental illnesses stuck around. How ironic. 

Other positive effects include my absolutely inability to be bloated no matter what I eat, I have been sleeping like a rock every single night. Peppy and I don't go to bed at the same time. I'm the early bird, he's the night owl. I haven't been waking up at all when he comes into the bedroom in the early morning. 

I know this one is weird, but I feel like my arms look younger. I have a younger looking face to be almost 40, but if you look at my arms (and especially my hands) they look like they should be attached to someone's granny. And then after covid my arms just kind of dried out and looked even more super wrinkly. I don't know if this is in my mind or not, but my arms don't seem as dried out anymore. My fingernails are also growing at a much faster rate than the biotin has made them. So hopefully some hair is sprouting out as well. 

Also, the sweet tooth. I think maybe over the course of the past two and half weeks I have had two or three sodas and I'm still not craving sugar and carbs like my dead little buddies wanted. 

This is how much I've worked up to. I started with a teaspoon, and now have a big heaping tablespoon mixed in a couple ounces of water. The taste itself is not terrible, and for some reason it has become a comforting taste to me because it reminds me of my dad's workshop. I take it every night before bed and have never had to wake up and run to the bathroom. I really haven't had a single negative effect. Yes, my knees ached and I'd get a random headache, but these things are normal for me anyway. 

Please, please, please, it is imperative that you drink tons of water, especially as your DE intake increases.

I was a skeptic about all the voices in your head being in direct relation to parasites, but I am becoming a believer. Here's the kicker, even at church the lady behind me chomping her gum didn't make me want to murder her. I've always thought I was just this heinous bitch that could not tolerate noise, but now in my ripe old age I am finally learning these are just distractions and that is why they make me angry. 

I do believe mental illnesses are 100% real and not everything can be cured with a cleanse. But what can it hurt? I have been in a really good mood lately. Owsley told me I was being weird, but I think Peppy liked it.

I asked my brother how his cleanse was going and he said aside from feeling a little nausea everything has been positive. His mind feels more clear, his itching (which the doctors couldn't really figure out) has gotten better, he's lost 6 pounds and he says he feels more motivated to start working out again. 

Updated to add that Jonathan also told me his intrusive thoughts had been greatly diminished but he didn't put it together until he read this post. That is reason enough for me to keep this up for a while. 

Comments