Skip to main content

morning stream of consciousness

I got offered a job at the food bank. We haven't had a board president in almost a year, and our new (paid) director has been taking on many of the duties of the president, director and office manager. She met with the board early this week and suggested a part-time paid position to help her with the day-to-day duties. When she suggested me they all unanimously said that I would be great for that. 

I have actually been praying about a job the last couple of days, so this timing seems a little perfect. I know all the people. I have been there over seven years and know that place inside and out. My one concern are the other volunteers. I know some of them did not approve of having our first paid staff member, and I don't want them getting upset that there would be another paid person. The director and I work really well together, and she is always asking me my input. She asks all of us our opinions, which is not something we have been used to the last few years. I would not mind working with her. And I do put a lot of time outside the food bank doing food bank stuff, so it would be nice to get paid for something that I have put my heart into for so long. Especially since the price of living has increased so much the last few years. And if they are going to hire someone any way, why not me?

This is an exciting prospect for me, because I will basically be doing everything I've already been doing, just more hours of it. And I know being in the actual office when it is empty will help me get stuff done. I could never be a work from home person because I am just not that motivated, but being in another setting (and in silence!) is a perk for me. I don't want to say this is my dream job because I honestly have never had a yearning desire for any career, but I suppose as far as jobs go, it is a bonus to get paid doing something you are passionate about. 

It will be interesting to see if my body and brain are cool with this. I think due to the fact that the office will be closed 50% of the time I'm there my brain will be ok with that. But chronic fatigue and trigeminal neuralgia throw me for a loop regularly. I have thought about getting a part time job for a little while now, but I have wondered what job I'd even be able to successfully keep. That is why this feels like this was an instantly answered prayer. How could it not be? 

I have been sitting outside reading 1 and 2 Esdras (Ezra) and 1 and 2 Maccabees. The Ezras were a much easier read than the Maccabees have been turning out. The Maccabees contain the history of what was happening in the 400 years between the end of the OT and Christ. There are a lot of names and history that I am not familiar with at all, and my brain sometimes feels like it is clogged when I'm trying to process all this new stuff. I was able to follow along Wednesday, but when I tried to pick it up again yesterday afternoon my brain just wasn't having it. 

I read in some text, I think maybe the Apocalypse of Paul, that in heaven the faces of all the saved are before the ministering angels that go between heaven and earth. And now I can't stop thinking about this huge cauldron with heads floating around in it. I've never tried to get an image creator to make a very descriptive picture, but I thought I would this morning. Thank you, bing, this is not exactly what was in my mind, but that's alright. This is great in its own way. No matter what I did, bing insisted that everyone in this particular fever dream should be white. 

I know people say all we need is the new testament and Christ, but you will never really understand who we are and why we are here unless you read the entire Bible, and even then you need the Holy Spirit to guide you. I always hated history. Now, I LOVE history. Since I cannot imagine in my brain anymore, learning ancient history and digging into forgotten cultures helps me understand so much more about...everything. 

TruthUnedited uploaded a link about how they have taken the name of the Lord (which is a title and not a name) out of scripture almost 6000 times. So those of you that believe those words cannot be changed, yes they can. This is why I love my Hebrew roots bible. I do use God/Jesus a lot, but it definitely feels more meaningful and personal when I pray and use their true names. 

Finally, I think it is worth mentioning that Boeing is having a very bad week. I think they have had five or six  really bad issues with things just falling off their planes over the last week. And a Boeing whistleblower that had recently come forward was found dead by suicide. Something is suspect here, and I'm glad to not have a lifestyle where I am constantly at airports and on planes. I've always hated airplanes, but with all the strangeness in the skies lately, and people going crazy on planes, I'm ok being a ground dweller. 

Comments